Greetings, fellow photography nerds!
We’re working on an update to Lens•Lab for iOS devices. Here’s what we have in store:
- Editable constraints for focal length. For example, I can set the focal length to go from 24mm-85mm, just like the lens I currently have on my Canon 10D.
- Editable constraints for aperture. For example, I can set the aperture to go from ƒ/3.5 to ƒ/22, just like the lens I have on my Canon 10D.
- Aperture values are straight decimal values now. (They used to snap to 1/2 stop increments but now it’s more versatile.)
- A new Lens Information panel with the following information:
- Sensor Size & crop factor information.
- Angle of View (Vertical, Horizontal, Diagonal).
- Plane of Focus (Vertical, Horizontal, and Diagonal size of the focal plane.).
- …also for Depth of Field Near and Depth of Field Far.
- …and more!
We are excited about this release! If you are interested in trying this version out before it goes public, leave a message here or send an email to jmenter+blog [at] gmail [dot] com.